Sunday, April 1, 2018

Learning Challenge: Sleep


I read an article about why sleeping may be more important than studying. Most of this was familiar to me from psychology and previous studies. I feel as though sleep is a point of interest for me as my boyfriend is on the OU men's gymnastics team and they have morning practice almost everyday at 6am. I am curious to see a study done on people like this. Does this lack of sleep decrease their ability to perform? Can naps make up for lost sleep time even if you don't get into the REM sleep cycle?
Many, many questions flood my mind when it comes to brain function in general and I can't help but think about it all when reading about sleep.

Overall, I definitely got the take-away that sleep is necessary to build those neurological connections that aid in understanding material and, without it, your are making the trade-off.

(Photo from Flickr.)

No comments:

Post a Comment