Sunday, April 1, 2018

Growth Mindset: Learning from Other Students

"The process of getting up from falling down was more mentally challenging than physically challenging. It was hard to get up when I knew I was going to fall."
This quote was about snowboarding and I think it applies to other aspects of my life as well. Many times when something is difficult for me, I put it off until the last minute due to fear of failure. Instead, I should acknowledge this and start early so I can fail but still have time to get help and get back on my feet.

"Every failure can be turned into a lesson."
I think this is something I sometimes struggle to see in the moment. When something goes wrong, I don't automatically think about the learning lesson from it. I hope to keep this in mind as I encounter my next failure as I feel the simple thought can help ease the anxiety that comes with failure in the moment.

(Image from PxHere.)

No comments:

Post a Comment