Sunday, January 28, 2018

Topic Brainstorm

I would like to start out by saying this course is full of tales that are completely foreign to me. I really enjoyed looking through old projects as they were all so new and different to me.

The first topic that sparked my interest was the topic of love stories. After taking Mythology and Folklore, I feel as though love stories would be fun to twist and make into my own. The Magic Book of Love was a project that stood out to me for this reason. You can really put your own spin on any of the stories and I love how creative you can get when magic is involved. 

The next section that caught my attention had to do with animals, of course. Animals always interest me because I always wonder what is going through their head and how they communicate when no one is around. I chose to explore the category of Animals, Natural and Supernatural. The project that stood out to me was An Animal's Tale by Crystal Duffey because she did exactly what I love to do. She narrated the story from an animal's point of view.

(Monkeys from Flicker.)

The nest topic that caught my eye also had to do with animals. I decided to explore the topic of horses. This caught my eye because I have always loved horses but have never had one or been able to ride them often. I read Horses Divine and loved the way they portrayed the horses. They focused on the power and ability of horses. To me, horses have very humanistic characteristics that makes it easy to put them into a narrative position. 

The last topic that stood out to me was Yoga. This stood out to me because I have some familiarity with the topic. I used to do some Bikram yoga when I was in high school and was curious how yoga could be brought into this course. I read Workshop: Learning the Origins of Poses and it was nothing like I expected it to be. I love how the stories made it feel as though you were really in a yoga workshop. It was unique from any other project I have read before.

No comments:

Post a Comment