Sunday, February 4, 2018

Feedback Strategies

The first article I read was, "The Difference Between Praise and Feedback."
I think that that was a very interesting article as it aligns with a lot that I have learned in Peer Learning Assistant training through the Student Learning Center. One thing we harp on is process praise. I think it is so important to praise someone's work whether more work needs to be put into it or not. This makes it seem as though the work put in was worth it and makes working on it even more exciting and stimulating. There is nothing worse than putting in time and effort for something and no one even acknowledging it before going off on a rant about all that needs to be changed. 

The next article I read was, "How to Craft Constructive Feedback." 
I love how this started out with being a witness. Just like the previous article I read, I think it is so important to give credit where work has been done even if it doesn't need any tweaking. I feel as though this article definitely will stick with me as I go through and do my feedback comments throughout this semester. 

(Photo from Flickr).

No comments:

Post a Comment